Bond Hill, OH
Selective demolition is an alternative to completely tearing down a structure and can be a more cost-effective and sustainable solution for many renovation projects. This surgical approach becomes the go-to strategy when a building remains structurally sound yet requires interior renovations.
Selective demolition requires precision to protect your building while removing walls, floors, ceilings, equipment, or a select portion of a structure. As a leader in specialty demolition services, O’ROURKE is uniquely equipped to execute challenging projects that require detailed planning, advanced program management, specialized equipment, and an experienced team with skilled supervision.
Whether renovating an interior space, removing a portion of the structure, or modifying specific parts of a building without disturbing the remaining elements, O’ROURKE’s demolition services are designed to meet your unique needs.
O’ROURKE’s Selective Demolition Services
- Selective Structural Demolition: Our demolition contractors have specialized experience across various industries, including industrial power plants, refineries, chemical plants, and manufacturing facilities. We have experience in successfully demolishing these complex structures using powerful equipment and strict safety protocols.
- Surgical Demolition: This is a unique demo process for removing only a specific area of a structure rather than the entire building. Our contractors have the specialized equipment and technical expertise to remove large, challenging areas safely.
- Historical Demolition: Facadism involves preserving the historic façade of a building while demolishing or severely altering the remainder of the structure to allow for new construction.
- Hazardous Material Abatement: Our team is trained and certified to handle hazardous materials such as asbestos, lead, or mold. We abide by strict safety protocols to protect our team and ensure the compliant disposal of hazardous substances.
- Critical Separations: In cases where demolition may impact other structures or adjacent properties, our highly trained technicians can use specialized equipment to separate the affected area safely.
- Critical Picks: When there is a need to remove large portions of a building, we can use advanced techniques to safely dismantle these structures without causing damage.
- Crane Rigging: When removing large or complex components from a structure, our team can safely and securely use cranes to remove these structures for you. Our team can ensure the right crane will get used for your project.
Why Hire O’ROURKE As Your Selective Demolition Contractor?
O’ROURKE stands out as an industry leader in selective demolition due to our comprehensive approach, experienced contractors, advanced techniques, and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction. Our reputation is built on six decades of delivering high-quality, professional service.
We are dedicated to meeting our clients’ industrial and commercial demolition needs. Regardless of the complexity or size of the project, you can count on us to complete your select demo job efficiently and safely.
Our Select Demo Process
Selective demolition preparation involves extensive site surveying and planning to determine the potential building hazards. A site-specific demolition and safety plan will be developed to minimize risk to our team, client, and the structural integrity of the building so nothing is disturbed.
Once we comprehensively understand the structure, our team develops a detailed project scope that outlines the process, including the demolition methods, necessary equipment, permitting, compliance, and waste disposal.
Then, our experienced construction contractors begin the demo using our modern demolition equipment. We strive to stick to our pre-planned schedule to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget.
See Our Work: Related Projects
At O’ROURKE, we are experts in interior demolition and dismantlement. Our team has extensive experience working on some of the most challenging surgical demolitions out there. Some of our completed projects include active healthcare facilities, office buildings, sports stadiums, and power plants. Hiring a contractor with experience in this kind of work is a must! Since 1962, O’ROURKE has been the leading demolition company in the industry, assisting in selective, specialty, and interior demolition services.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a demolition project typically take?
The duration of a project depends on various factors, including the size and complexity of the structure, the materials used, and the specific project requirements.
What equipment is used in your process?
We have a wide range of specialized equipment including mini-excavators, skid steers, cranes, excavators, and other heavy machinery to ensure that your project goes smoothly.
Do I need a permit for demolition?
Most demolition projects require a permit. When you work with O’ROURKE, we will handle all aspects of permit acquisition and ensure compliance with all construction/demolition regulations.
What types of buildings or structures are suitable for selective or partial demolition?
Whether it’s part of a commercial building, a section of an industrial complex, or a historical building, we have the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the task with precision.
Can selective demolition be used for buildings containing hazardous materials like asbestos?
Yes. Select demolition is often the preferred method for buildings containing hazardous materials. Our team is trained in hazardous material abatement and follows strict procedures to ensure safe and compliant removal and disposal of such materials.